Provide support to the SugarCreek Wellness Department in implementing various health and well-being related directives. Assist the Wellness Department in the development and improvement of communication and information access to Benefits and Wellness information. Complete additional tasks including, but not limited to, providing health and wellness information to employees, maintaining promotional materials and attending/hosting informational meetings and events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a training course for employees to describe benefits, health, and wellness topics that can be understood by a very diverse population of employees.
- Assist in the continued development of the three-year Benefits Wellness Communication program.
- Work with the Wellness Coordinator to review and improve communications for SugarCreek employees.
- Evaluate new communications tools provided by benefit vendors for mobile applications, and any other solutions for communication to become more efficient.
- Attend employee events, meetings, and trainings as a guest on all benefit-related topics, observing for any additional communication opportunities surrounding benefits and wellness information.
- Become a contributing member of the Wellness Champion Team.
- Assist in coordinating and planning local and company-wide Wellness events.
- Learn about the Years of Service Recognition Program and assist in reporting, leader comment reminders, terminations, and data pulls.
- Consistently maintain a high level of compassion and confidentiality when interacting with employees.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting Wellness functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are compliant.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Working towards or have received a Bachelor’s degree in Health Communication, Human Resources, Benefits, or related field; or equivalent experience.
Experience: None required.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Able to use computers, especially programs like Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Possess the skills needed to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Possess the skills needed to communicate with persons inside and outside the organization.
- Able to guide oneself with little or no supervision and depend on oneself to get things done.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with HR/Benefits positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations is required. All work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Internships and Co-Ops
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Washington Court House, 2101 Kenskill Ave., Washington Court House, Ohio, United States of America