Organizes and performs advanced service, repairs, troubleshooting and overhauls to Tank Farm and Wastewater Treatment systems in a manner that complies with federal, state, local, IIAR and RETA codes and standards, as well as, company rules, PSM/RMP policies, safe work practices and RAGAGEP’s.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfilling all duties as necessary, described within the Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) job description, and abiding by all the requirements therein.
- Executing repairs and major overhauls to system components, and associated equipment, utilizing original equipment manufacturers recommendations and specifications and/or other recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices.
- Understanding electrical schematics, PLC control functions, and Electrical Distribution systems and the ability to troubleshoot root causes and determine proper repairs.
- Performing installations and replacements of DAF system components and associated equipment, within the guidelines set forth by the company.
- Analyzing system data and trending values to determine the need for increased maintenance frequencies or improved maintenance procedures and safe work practices.
- Assisting department management in the supervision and documentation of Contractor activity and performance on or around the process equipment.
- Planning resolutions to system deficiencies as noted in the various tracking logs and maintaining all required information and documentation to support the activity.
- Providing mechanical and technical guidance and expertise to other operators to continually improve the education, experience and skill set within the department.
- Understands the operation and maintenance of DAF Systems, lift stations, and associated equipment.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of verifiable Wastewater Operation experience.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSES: FIT-FOR-DUTY MEDICAL APPROVAL: Medical evaluation, physical examination and pulmonary testing for Hazmat purposes. Required for pre-employment and annually thereafter. Periodic testing may be needed when business necessitates (i.e. after exposure to hazardous material, serious health changes).
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possesses the skills needed to repair, maintain and troubleshoot machinery.
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Knows machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Able to wear an Air Purifying Respirator and a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Able to respond to emergency situations and fill various roles on emergency response team.
- Able to work at heights and in dangerous places where balance is poor, specifically on a roof.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America