Maintenance Training Development Manager
Develop and maintain personnel training documentation for the Plant Maintenance Departments, ensuring all maintenance employees are properly trained to perform their duties competently and safely. Manage local training program development by coordinating with designated subject matter experts (SME) to develop content, partner with vendors for content support, and perorm reliability engineering duties as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Plant Management and Maintenance Teams to develop training material in sync with training priorities.
- Develop and continously improve orientation material for all plant maintenance new hires.
- Assist in developing training overview dashboards as needed.
- Draft and update training material and annual training plans based on testing results, including core multi-craft material, hands-on or virtual training, and SME content.
- Develop Train-the-Trainer material for all skills.
- Proctor promotional skills tests.
- Track all site maintenance training KPIs.
- Travel to different company sites, which include both domestic and occasionally international travel, to provide on-site support as needed.
- Perform auditing tasks as required, including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, safety, site walks, site-to-site peer audits, recommended spare parts lists, and commissioning support.
- Manage reliability engineering program, ensuring compliance and tracking task completion when required.
- Partner with all maintenance teams to educate employees on proper use of maintenance training software (Swipeguide), ensuring the tool is properly designed for end-user experience.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school degree or equivalent (GED) required; Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
Experience: 4+ years in a maintenance engineering role required; experience in food manufacturing setting preferred.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Able to communicate complex information effectively to other employees using physical and digital media.
- Able to troubleshoot effectively to diagnose mechanical issues.
- Know how to use basic computer programs like Microsoft Office.
- Able to strictly follow all safety procedures and policies in place.
- Able to work collaboratively with plant personnel, departments, and management.
- Know company standards, concepts, practices, and procedures and be able to explain them.
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational skills, and planning abilities.
- Possess a strong understanding of industrial safety standards.
- Able to perform critical thinking and possess problem-solving skills.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical maintenance training positions, including some sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15 lbs may be required as needed. Some travel is required in between plants and non-SugarCreek training locations, both domestic and occasionally international.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats, and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Engineering and Maintenance
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- SWS, 10860 Indeco Dr, Blue Ash, Ohio, United States of America