Sugar Creek Packing Co., founded in 1966, is a flourishing privately held, family owned food company. Its commitment to making the highest-quality, best-value products has allowed Sugar Creek to grow into one of the largest independent bacon processors servicing the global market.
Operate a standup counterbalance forklift efficiently and safely at the direction of the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor or Departmental Manager. Coordinate with truck driver to safely and properly load or unload various products and materials for shipment or storage in a fast-paced environment. Assist with loading, unloading, and packing of in-going and outgoing shipments as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete required training to safely operate the standup counterbalance forklift or extended reach forklift.
- Receive and follow instructions from Shipping/Receiving Supervisor regarding the movement and loading of products.
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently, including battery charging.
- Inspect trailers before loading/unloading.
- Load and unload trailers in safe manner.
- Pick cases as needed.
- Operate RF equipment and E-SHIP.
- Prep product for tempering services.
- Occasionally lift, carry, or move cases of product weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Observe surroundings at all times when operating forklift to ensure clear pathways and avoid collisions.
- Adhere to instructions and safety procedures provided by warehouse supervisor/departmental manager at all times.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: Previous forklift experience required – preferably stand-up forklifts
Certification Requirements: Valid state-issued driver’s license
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using both verbal and written skills.
- Able to read, interpret and review instructions for preparation of materials.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Know how to calculate basic mathematics.
- Possess basic knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Possess proficient ambidexterity to operate the forklift properly.
- Possess control precision in maneuvering forklift.
- Able to understand the nature of processing warehouse orders.
- Possess ability to adapt to different work requirements.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on efficiency and safety.
- Able to focus on attention to detail when loading or unloading customer orders, products, or other materials.
Physical requirements are consistent with shipping operations. Must be able to stand for most of the day. Moderate lifting required occasionally throughout the day, sometimes with packages weighing up to 60 lbs. Must possess adequate trunk and arm/hand strength to be able to stand and work for majority of the day without fatiguing. Must possess static strength to lift, push, and pull objects as needed, as well as manual dexterity for manipulating or moving objects. May have to occasionally climb to dislodge or maneuver product to be accessed by forklift.
All work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility containing heavy and hazardous machinery. The Warehouse temperatures are at 28°F and the Freezer temperature typically at 0° F. It is a cold and sometimes wet environment. Safety wear is required, including refrigeration wear, safety vest and other necessary equipment, as needed.
- Job Family Supply Chain and Warehousing
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America