Sugar Creek Packing Co., founded in 1966, is a flourishing privately held, family owned food company. Its commitment to making the highest-quality, best-value products has allowed Sugar Creek to grow into one of the largest independent bacon processors servicing the global market.
Work in production line conducting various duties, including picking up product from load-in, loading and removing product from production line, and rotating to various positions along the production line as needed. Follow instructions from Line Lead and Production Supervisor/Departmental Manager. Work diligently to ensure efficient and timely function of product line.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort and pack various types of food products.
- Seal and secure packaging in accordance with product specifications and requirements.
- Maintain production line efficiency by clearing jams and following proper lockout/tagout safety procedures.
- Maintain production line efficiency by folding cardboard boxes and other packaging types as needed.
- Use pallet jack to move larger quantities of product.
- Inspect labeling to ensure the label is accurate and contains proper dates and product types.
- Open different types of packaging containing raw materials.
- Use various types of machines, including but not limited to ovens, slicers, sorting machines, packaging machines, and other types of industrial food-processing equipment.
- Notify Line Lead, Production Supervisor, or Plant Management of any mechanical or material issues.
- Rotate to various positions along the line as needed or instructed by Line Lead, Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Occasionally help in the packing up and moving of various equipment or lines, including but not limited to wrapping, boxing, and moving various machines and related parts.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Attend training, and demonstrate retention of that training, for the safe and clean operation of machinery in the assigned department or on the assigned line.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous production experience preferred.
Certification Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know how to operate industrial-size equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess adequate hand dexterity to manipulate or move objects.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions and multi-task efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Know how to strictly follow safety procedures.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical production positions, including mostly standing/walking required. Other physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 40lbs may be required as needed.
Most work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
- Job Family Production
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.25
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America