Sugar Creek Packing Co., founded in 1966, is a flourishing privately held, family owned food company. Its commitment to making the highest-quality, best-value products has allowed Sugar Creek to grow into one of the largest independent bacon processors servicing the global market.
Cleans all equipment and infrastructure in a thorough and efficient manner, with an emphasis on strictly adhering to SugarCreek safety rules and procedures. Dismantles, dry-cleans, wet-cleans, inspects and reassembles machines and equipment as directed. Protect equipment during cleaning and safely handle all chemicals used in the process.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassemble plant equipment and protect sensitive equipment from damage during sanitation process.
- Follow Standard Cleaning Procedures (SCP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) in order to clean equipment and facility at a microbiological level.
- Follow Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Improve sanitation process by reducing use of resources (i.e. water, wastewater, chemicals, labor) whenever possible.
- Implement corrective actions for periodic equipment maintenance (PEM)/spoilage and process cleaning issues as directed by plant sanitarian.
- Undergo training process for the process of incorporating basic preventative maintenance (PM) duties into sanitation procedures.
- Assist with plant's pest control program.
- Assist with customer plant audits as needed.
- Ensure security of all sanitation chemicals located on premises by limiting access and monitoring/preventing leaks, spills, etc.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school or equivalent (GED) preferred.
Experience: None required; experience in sanitation or food manufacturing operations preferred.
Certification Requirements: None Required
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Know how to operate cleaning equipment safely and efficiently.
- Possess strong attention to detail in order to remove all soils.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow directions.
- Able to follow safety procedures.
Physical requirements are consistent with industrial sanitation positions, including but not limited to standing for long periods of time, moderate lifting (2 to 40 lbs.) required throughout the day and possessing adequate trunk and arm/hand strength to perform duties and responsibilities. Must possess static strength to lift, push, and pull objects as needed, as well as manual dexterity for manipulating or moving objects. May have to occasionally climb to dislodge or remove raw material.
Work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some departments are colder temperatures between 30° and 40° F. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats, rain suits, and other necessary equipment. Some travel may be required between plants.
- Job Family Quality
- Job Function Direct
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Cambridge City, 1200 Enterprise Rd., Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America