Assists Plant FSQA Team and Plant FSQA Manager in maintaining and improving the overall food safety of SugarCreek, which includes learning and improving upon sanitation procedures, staying up to date on good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and implementing effective and consistent initiatives at each of the plants. This role is designed to allow this individual to learn various aspects of the Food Industry and obtain an understanding for the different disciplines, within the Food Safety & Quality Assurance areas of focus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist FSQA Department in current food safety initiatives, tests, and objectives.
- Learn manufacturing Quality Assurance (QA) responsibilities while engaging in the operations at the plant level.
- Trend & analyze microbial swab results, customer complaints, and other FSQA-related data.
- Research potential manufacturing technologies to assist in the food safety of our products.
- Redesign FSQA Food Safety Training to trend and analyze through technology.
- Assist in outside FSQA audits conducted by our customers.
- Identify and develop more training opportunities for FSQA personnel through vendors and more formal classes.
- Conduct data validations.
- Participate in SugarCreek Internship Program.
- Coordinate with other departments (Engineering, Operations, Maintenance) during improvement projects.
- Complete FSQA Operational Improvement Plants (OIP) projects.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree - seeking program in Food Science, Animal Science, Food Science and Technology, or other related field.
Experience: None required.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None required.
ABILITIES KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Possess knowledge of and passion for the food industry.
- Possess proficiency with computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Able to plan, organize, and manage time effectively.
- Possess basic mathematic skills, specifically in arithmetic and algebra.
- Able to write and communicate effectively.
- Possess strong quantitative skills and be able to apply those skills in programs like Microsoft Excel.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with manufacturing-type office positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations is required.
Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Some work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats, and other necessary equipment. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Internships and Co-Ops
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- SWS, 10860 Indeco Dr, Blue Ash, Ohio, United States of America