Work under the direction and supervision of Industrial Electricians to troubleshoot and repair faulty electrical systems in plant and production equipment. Assist Manufacturing Controls Engineer in completing different projects involving electrical system installation or upgrades. Review and interpret blueprints and schematics, perform standard testing on electrical systems, and carry out other electrical maintenance duties as directed for a wide variety of equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to Industrial Electricians in diagnosing, repairing, assembling, and installing different electrical components and systems.
- Assist with developing and interpreting electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Use various electrical equipment and power tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Assist Industrial Electricians with electrical projects, including tracking inventory of electrical parts, maintaining work logs, and documenting progress throughout the life of the project.
- Work with other departments on larger installation projects, providing electrical support and other assistance as needed.
- Complete extensive safety training and follow LOTO procedures at all times while completing any work involving plant equipment.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow SugarCreek safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required; must be enrolled in a program pursuing an associate degree or vocational training certificate from an accredited institution, with a focus in electrical maintenance or related field.
Experience: None required.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: Must have a valid, state-issued driver's license.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to use different troubleshooting equipment (Digital Multimeter, Megohmmeter, etc.)
- Able to learn and follow LOTO procedures.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Know how to operate various hand tools and electrical equipment.
- Able to understand and follow instructions.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical maintenance positions, including mostly standing/walking with some sitting required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 50lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Little work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Most work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery, and may include working in refrigerated or confined spaces. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats, and other necessary equipment. Some work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility in outdoor weather conditions.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Internships and Co-Ops
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Kansas, 1600 W. McKay St., Frontenac, Kansas, United States of America