Lead Lube Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
Lead Lube Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
The Lube Technician will contribute to the success of the Company by ensuring that all vehicles are repaired in a safe, efficient, and timely fashion while maintaining the highest ethical standards and business practices. This individual will be responsible for overseeing a lube team of technicians, managing performance, and providing training where necessary.
- Develop and direct lube technicians while managing lube service department operations
- Assign work to lube technicians
- Acting as a liaison, when necessary, which may include test driving with guest when necessary
- Manage team with all aspects which include repair, and maintenance vehicles
- Seeks managements direction when the course of action is unclear or there are customer concerns
- Successfully manage the repair process from start to finish in an organized manner
- Attention to detail and quality control is essential
- Utilizes manufacturer recommended diagnosis and repair processes
- Quality control on every repair during and after repairs completed
- Communication that is clear to customers which details the cause and the steps taken to correct the customers concern
- Report to customer any change in time promised and notify them of any additional repairs that may be required
- Monitors warranty repairs as it relates to manufacturer standards
- Develops and attains performance and productivity goals
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone, or branch average. Maintain dealership-prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair order written."
- Ensure that all shop documents are accounted for
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Check job status as often as necessary, but at least twice each shift
- Spot-check repairs to assure quality and timely completion
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record; required to have California within 30 days
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the job description
- Completion of National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), a certified technical training program in automotive technology at a high school or at a community college, as the best preparation for entry-level positions; All certifications must be valid and current
- Technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies
- Extensive knowledge of the specialized area and general vehicle repair.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent mechanical repair skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software
- Ability to read service and repair manuals
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion
- Ability to read work orders
- Regularly stands, walks, sits; uses hands; reaches with hands and arms; talks and hears. Occasionally climbs or balances; bend, stretch, stoops, kneels, crouches, squats or crawls to perform repairs and inspections; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed
- Good vision to inspect repair work
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present
Our employees are offered competitive pay, medical, dental and vision plans, health savings accounts (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid holidays and vacation, short and long-term disability, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, vehicle purchase, service and parts discounts, employee assistance plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club discounts, and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintain a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Sunroad is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, race (including traits historically associated with race such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists); religion; religious creed; religious dress/grooming; color; age (40 and over); sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity (meaning a person’s identification as male, female, a gender different from the person’s sex at birth, or transgender); gender expression (including a person’s gender-related appearance or behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s sex at birth); national origin; ancestry; citizenship status; uniform service member status; military or veteran status; marital status; pregnancy; childbirth; medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breast feeding; medical condition (including cancer related or HIV/AIDS related); handicap; physical disability; mental disability; genetic characteristics; genetic information; or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies equally to interns and volunteers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.00
- 7303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111, USA