Compensation Specialist/HR Generalist
Compensation Specialist/HR Generalist
As a Compensation Specialist/HR Generalist, you will work in office and help build and maintain a positive and productive work environment by providing HR support with a focus on Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and Compensation.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand position requirements and develop job descriptions.
- Create job requisitions in ATS with proper screening questions, review candidate application list, pre-screen candidates, schedule interview and/or conduct candidate interviews.
- Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Create and send candidate offer letters, update managers on progress and initiate pre-employment contingencies such as, background checks, drug screening, and physicals.
- Work with Human Resources Manager on candidates in the adverse action process.
- Establish relationships with local colleges, professional organizations, vendors and other sources to build effective pipelines for talent; create and maintain social media campaigns.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to identify and attract top talent and work with site managers to identify internal succession planning.
- Track and report recruiting data using metrics and analytics to identify longer than average time to hire or high number of replacement positions; create strategies to address concerns.
- Maintain data integrity in HRIS by running reports and following up with leadership teams on reporting structures and position titles to ensure accuracy.
- Provide support in administering and monitoring performance review process.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Support training and development programs for employees and managers.
- Collaborate with other members of the HR departments on special projects to improve employee retention and engagement.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited institution plus five (5) years of progressive experience within Human Resources department to include two (2) years of experience in talent acquisition or compensation; OR high school diploma or state-equivalent plus a certificate in human resources from a recognized organization and/or equivalent experience plus seven (7) years of progressive experience within Human Resources department to include two (2) years of experience in talent acquisition or compensation; OR high school diploma or state-equivalent plus ten (10) years of progressive experience within Human Resources department to include two (2) years of experience in talent acquisition or compensation
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Experience with HRIS systems and/or HR databases
- Proven ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, recruitment software and online job boards.
- Dayforce Experience
- Experience with full cycle recruiting
- Knowledge of California labor and employment laws
- Certificate in Human Resources from organization and/or equivalent experience
- Extended periods of sitting while working at a desk and using a computer
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds occasionally
- Noise level is quiet to moderate
Our employees are offered competitive pay, medical, dental and vision plans, health savings accounts (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid holidays and vacation, short and long-term disability, company sponsored life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, vehicle purchase, service and parts discounts, employee assistance plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club discounts, and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintain a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Sunroad is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, race (including traits historically associated with race such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists); religion; religious creed; religious dress/grooming; color; age (40 and over); sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity (meaning a person’s identification as male, female, a gender different from the person’s sex at birth, or transgender); gender expression (including a person’s gender-related appearance or behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s sex at birth); national origin; ancestry; citizenship status; uniform service member status; military or veteran status; marital status; pregnancy; childbirth; medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breast feeding; medical condition (including cancer related or HIV/AIDS related); handicap; physical disability; mental disability; genetic characteristics; genetic information; or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies equally to interns and volunteers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- 8265 Vickers St, San Diego, CA 92111, USA