What We Offer:
- Employees (and their families) Medical, Dental, Vision, and Insurance
- Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employee & family Physical Therapy benefits
- Parental leave
- Continued Education Stipend
- Continuing Education PTO (1 day annually)
- Accrue up to 15 days of PTO (sick and vacation time)-increases over time
- 6 paid holidays, 1 charitable giving day, and up to 2 personal days
- 401(k) and profit-sharing program (Up to 5% of total compensation)
- Interactive Wellness Program with rewards for balanced, healthy living
- MedBridge learning subscription
- Potential Student Loan Repayment
- Potential Annual performance bonus
Therapeutic Associates, Inc. is seeking an Authorization Representative to join our corporate team. The position is responsible for managing daily physical therapy authorization request, insurance eligibility and verification, assisting with insurance billing for each TAI clinic location – ensuring governmental and commercial billing guidelines are followed. Generally relies on established protocols to perform job responsibilities but familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical field are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process, follow-up, and monitor all authorizations submitted for physical therapy clinics.
- Periodically review Physical Therapist charts and other documents to verify correct CPT and ICD codes for claim creation and insurance billing.
- Assist TAI Customer Service and Accounts Receivable departments with billing and reimbursement issues; perform corrections to claims as needed.
- Request additional information from clinic staff as necessary to complete insurance authorization requests.
- Assist as needed with the Patient Registration team to verify and check insurance eligibility of new patients prior to initial appointment.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of prior medical office work experience, preferred
- Two year’s customer service experience
- Working knowledge of medical insurance billing or coding
Who We Are:
- Legacy — Therapeutic Associates is the pioneer of outpatient physical therapy. Since its founding in 1952, the Company has thrived by adhering to the highest standards of excellence, adapting and innovating while serving patients with quality care and compassion. We continue to be an important part of leading and advocating for the advancement of our profession.
- Independence within Partnership — Therapeutic Associates is made up of a partnership of unique clinics, each locally directed by physical therapists who are dedicated to their patients, their communities and to our profession. Our clinics are managed by owners and directors who have the support and resources of our large organization combined with the freedom to make decisions with their teams to best serve their patients and community.
- Job Family Central Billing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Required Education Associate Degree