Physical Therapist Assistant-Pelvic Health
Therapeutic Associates Sherwood Physical Therapy is seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to join our team! Therapeutic Associates, Inc. specializes in orthopedics and manual therapy and pride ourselves on our one-on-one patient care and strong relationships with referral sources. Ideal candidates will have an interest in working with an orthopedic and Pelvic Health patient population or the desire to gain experience in this specialty.
New grads are welcome and encouraged to apply!
We are seeking a PTA with Pelvic Health experience or someone with an interest in learning this specialization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Physical Therapist Assistant will work under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist to provide components of patient care including therapeutic exercise, functional training, education, soft tissue work, or modalities, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates competency in providing quality physical therapy services including implementation of the treatment plan established by the patient’s physical therapist.
- Supports and maintains PT's care plan, work an established schedule with flexibility according to daily clinic needs, and complete accurate (electronic) documentation.
- Accurately assesses patient physical and functional status, as well as cognitive, psychological, and perceptual function.
- Effectively communicates the patient’s treatment progression, changes of treatment, and recommended medical follow up when necessary to PT and other team members, as appropriate.
- Educates and counsels patients regarding issues related to treatment and goal(s), safety risks, and/or other issues within scope of practice.
- Teaches patients home exercise programs and compensatory techniques or skills consistent with PT’s care plan for managing ongoing physical or functional deficits.
- PTA will be expected to meet the demands of the clinic's schedule, work effectively with support staff as appropriate, and perform other duties as required.
- Ideal candidates will embrace their role as a team member, supporting other staff as needed and fostering the advancement of Therapeutic Associates as a learning organization.
- Must demonstrate eagerness to advance clinical skills and develop personal leadership excellence.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Degree from an institution accredited by Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Current State Physical Therapist Assistant License (or license applicant status)
- Current CPR certification
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Continued Education Stipend
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays, personal, charitable giving days, etc.)
- 401(k) and profit-sharing program
- Potential for student loan reimbursement and other bonuses
Therapeutic Associates follows all state and federal mandates requiring vaccination against COVID 19. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to submit proof of vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption.
- Job Family zzOld Job Family Do Not Use
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education Certification