Day Warehouse Lead (Production at Texas Harvest Kitchen)
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Position Summary: Lead and positively coach warehouse team members to select, replenish, receive, and load product for customer orders safely, accurately and efficiently. A first line leader positively coaching, leading and motivating associates resulting in accurate Receiving, proper scanning during replenishments Motivates and positively engages team members and their assigned team to deliver results which at a minimum help the team achieve all Key Performance Indicators (Safety, Quality, Service and Cost).
What you’ll do:
- Engage team members to consistently achieve and/or exceed individual performance goals and objectives by positively leading by example.
- Proactively identify and remove obstacles for teams and individual team members.
- Fully support the consistent application of all policies, procedures, and guidelines while leading by example and consistently and effectively communicating expectations to team members.
- Responsible for associate development through positive coaching and training on policy & procedures and equipment.
- Proactively identifies safety hazards and either resolves them or reports them to the safety manager as appropriate. Accountable for maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment. Leads team and individuals to support assigned daily/weekly cleaning schedules and plans.
- Analyzes the current operation and makes recommendations to improve on expense and cost control. Supports business change and development through process improvements.
- Works with operations management team to lead initiatives to reduce damages while ensuring teams and individuals accurately report and record damaged inventory items.
- Is proactively engaged in coaching individual team members to accurately use voice and computer systems which in turn reduce “mis-picks,” improve inventory accuracy through accurate replenishments and picking, and support a more accurate and balanced incentive program.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Consistently supports warehouse operations regarding employee schedules, work-loads and productivity immediately identifying individual obstacles or team barriers to supervisors and managers across multiple shifts and/or the department.
- Insure compliance with OSHA standards and company safety requirements.
- Can assume additional responsibilities to support the shift’s efforts to achieve or exceed all Key Performance Indicators associated with Safety, Quality, Service and Cost.
- Has the experience positively engaging peers and teams while working through diverse and challenging opportunities to effectively deliver results.
- Leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in following standard operating procedures (SOPs) while providing input and ideas for “best practices” in a warehouse distribution setting with a focus on inventory control, replenishment, and outbound loading and shipping operations.
- Ability to understand data and results while articulating the same to individual team members.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Accurate with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organization skills with superior work ethic.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- The ability to make decisions, problem-solve, prioritize the flow of work and proactively identify and develop solutions to successfully remove obstacles for individuals and teams.
- The inherent drive and desire to take ownership for follow-up with individuals and leaders alike.
- The aptitude to learn and apply computer systems, tools, and software systems to support day to day warehouse operations.
- Ability to learn and mature as a leader to effectively coach and develop others to support, achieve and exceed individual, team and company objectives.
- Experience with identifying opportunities for improvement developing and supporting solutions
- Ability to positively motivate teams and influence and communicate with individuals at all levels
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.00
- Travel Required No
- Houston, TX, USA