Bilingual Customer Service Representative
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Position Summary: Our growing organization is looking for a skilled problem solver to join our team as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative. We need an enthusiastic individual who can listen to customer service issues and then offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the company’s customer service policies and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers.
What you’ll do:
- Receive incoming calls from customers, emails, fax, voicemail, and enter orders into the system.
- Run production reports as requested by the warehouse team.
- Inform customer of items not ordered or out of stock per regular ordering process offering substitutions where available.
- Work with outside sales team reporting irregularities and issues. Direct phone calls to the appropriate team members.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Deal professionally on the phone and in person with customers, vendors and fellow employees. Cooperate with other members of the sales and production team to ensure the customer receives an excellent level of service.
- Assist with processing special orders and customer price lists.
- Run credits as approved by management.
- Assist with AR/AP functions.
- Provide backup vacation coverage for outside sales associates and assist with workload of fellow team members when absent.
- Attend sales meetings and take part in sales activities as needed.
- Additional projects or tasks may be assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or higher degree required.
- 2-4 years of meat industry experience required.
- Minimum 4 years in customer service/sales required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English language required. Spanish a plus.
- Strong technology and computer skills required. Experience with Canopy system a plus.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, professional ability to multitask, and work well under pressure.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Dallas, TX, USA