2024 Diversity in Multimedia Business Scholarship & Internship
The Chronicle of Higher Education believes a diverse newsroom delivers the most comprehensive and dynamic journalism. Our scholarship program is targeted at students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions who want to enter the media industry. The scholarship is part of The Chronicle’s commitment to helping foster the next generation of journalists and bringing more diverse voices into the industry. It is an effort to ensure that diversity is a critical part of journalism excellence, now and in the generations to come.
- $10,000 scholarship
- Admission to The Chronicle's Paid Summer Internship program
For more information about eligibility requirements and how to apply, please see the Chronicle of Higher Education Scholarship Portal here.
To apply for this scholarship please ensure that you upload the following under the "Additional Documents" section of your application:
- A 500-700 word essay that explains your college choice and why you are interested in your field of study.
- A work sample or class project that aligns with your field of study or career path you wish to pursue.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, advisor, or work supervisor that provides insight into your character and work ethic.
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Maryland, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA