2024 Diversity in Journalism Scholarship & Internship
The Chronicle of Higher Education believes a diverse newsroom delivers the most comprehensive and dynamic journalism. Our scholarship program is targeted at students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions who want to enter the media industry. The scholarship is part of The Chronicle’s commitment to helping foster the next generation of journalists and bringing more diverse voices into the industry. It is an effort to ensure that diversity is a critical part of journalism excellence, now and in the generations to come.
- $10,000 scholarship
- Admission to The Chronicle's Paid Summer Editorial Reporting Internship program
For more information about eligibility requirements and how to apply, please see the Chronicle of Higher Education Scholarship Portal here.
To apply for this scholarship please ensure that you upload the following under the "Additional Documents" section of your application:
- Submit an essay of 500-700 words describing your personal journey to pursue higher education.
- Submit email addresses and phone numbers of three references; at least two of them should have edited or supervised your journalism.
- Provide (3) work samples or (3) published clips that show us what you’re capable of (articles, links to articles, links to multimedia projects, or any other kind of reporting project). Candidates should have some prior experience in a newsroom, be it college or professional.
- Application deadline is February 29th, 2024
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Washington, DC, USA