Marketing Specialist, Education Programs
Salary Range: $58,000 - $62,000
Join The Chronicle Team!
The Chronicle of Higher Education is powered by an essential mission: to inform, empower, and connect the people and institutions that work to improve society. Today, The Chronicle serves the higher-education community through its industry-leading news and information resource: The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Chronicle is seeking a Marketing Specialist, Education Programs to join its Career Services team.
This is a hybrid position requiring 2 days per week in our Washington DC office.
The Specialist, Education Programs is responsible for furthering The Chronicle’s mission to bring best-in-class professional development to the higher education community through focused skill-building in small-group workshops and expert-led seminars, that enable attendees to create a strategic vision for individual and departmental growth. The Specialist, Education Programs supports development of multi-channel direct marketing strategies to achieve forecasted workshop revenue and attendance goals, manages the execution of lead generation and registration campaigns, supports workshop planning and logistics, coordinates programming and attendee fulfillment with internal teams and external partners, and ensures positive attendee experience for individuals and institutions.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- 24 PTO Days + Company Holidays
- Paternal/Family/Adoption Leave
- 401K with Company Contribution & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Assistance
- And more!
What you’ll do:
- Provide support for the development and execution of robust multi-channel marketing efforts for workshop programs in collaboration with Manager, Education Programs
- Create engaging copy to generate and nurture leads and paid registrants, including email campaigns, landing pages, web ads, print ads, direct mail, and social media, promoting the purchase of and engagement with the Chronicle’s workshop programs.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to expand impact and effectiveness of workshop programs through increased response rates, enrollment, and new program concepts.
- Support successful execution and delivery of live virtual workshop programs on the Zoom platform, including opening/management of Zoom rooms, facilitation of Q&A, and other facilitator duties as prescribed.
- Manage inbound program requests and inquiries received in the shared email inbox, including processing of group orders, invoicing, cancellation, and other requests.
- Support development and maintenance of master schedule to share with internal teams and external partners.
- Attend and support regular meetings with internal teams and external partners during marketing/planning windows to ensure key objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a detailed log of attendees, invoices, and purchase information for all workshop programs.
- Help coordinate the fulfillment of workshop supplemental materials: guides, reports, issue briefs, books, and videos.
- Manage collection of program analytics and attendee survey responses to help inform future marketing plans and program improvements.
- Contribute to maintenance and distribution of weekly and monthly workshop dashboards and KPIs in collaboration with Manager, Education Programs
- Manage individual workshop operations including set-up in the content management system (Brightspot), Shopify, Zoom, LinkedIn, Slack, Marketo, and other platforms as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Advertising or other related field of study and at least 1-3 years of experience working in a digital and/or direct marketing environment.
- Experience in media with prior (virtual or in-person) event-marketing preferred.
- A solid understanding of integrated marketing, including email marketing, digital marketing, direct mail, and social media.
- Working proficiency in digital marketing, analytics, and virtual meeting/conference platforms such as Zoom, Marketo, Shopify, Brightspot, Blueconic, and Adobe Analytics.
- Strong creative writing skills, with a focus on the unique needs/challenges of higher education leaders.
- Self-motivational, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams and demonstrating a sense of urgency.
The Chronicle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $58,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Washington, DC, USA