Reporting to the VP of Operations, this position is accountable for effective planning and scheduling of all project resources. The Senior Project Manager will assign work priorities, develop job plans, define parts and materials and engage the appropriately trained resources to execute a safe and efficient project with maximum productivity and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
This position may supervise individual contributors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as principle contact and liaison between project staff, internal and external customers, sub-contractors, and local inspectors.
- Review routine and emergency work requests and assign priority based on nature of activity, available resources and customer expectations.
- Coordinate project delivery, material requests and logistical support to include sub-contractor resources, transportation, special tools and equipment delivery.
- Analyze profitability and escalate issues to the Superintendent for work that does not appear to be valid or within approved cost guidelines.
- Consult with the Superintendent and Crew Foreman as necessary to determine best course of action for various project activity.
- Monitor quality standards of all jobs, including crew performance, and ensures that all quality assurance and company standards are being met.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements.
- Monitor job safety and enforces safety programs and OSHA Standards as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with all required safety standards.
- Work with municipality and customer representatives to ensure work is performed to required specifications.
- Assist the assigned Project Coordinator to obtain and organize required information, materials, and procedures required to execute the project.
- Communicate schedule conflicts, delays, or changes with customer and Project Coordinator.
- Coordinate efforts between engineering, Crew Foreman and sub-contractor groups.
- Identify training, equipment, tools, and materials needed to improve efficiency or reduce costs associated with delivery of products.
- Maintain records and issue job plan packets including scope of work, materials, budget and special instruction to Crew Foreman.
- Track project activity close-out reports and follow-up activity.
- Monitor and report utilization, scheduling, and close-out metrics to the Superintendent.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the organization’s business model and invest in learning all the facets of the business divisions with a hands-on approach.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working. Create robust processes where they currently do not exist.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system with defined KPIs/dashboards to understand and track progress.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or operations management discipline is preferred.
- Experience working with company-wide information systems such as job costing and ERP (i.e., Procore, NetSuite) is strongly desired.
- Accomplished at developing KPI (Key Performance Indicator) dashboards to display metrics to track progress both at the micro and macro levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical/project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Updates monthly reports, tracks performance against projections, works with Department Managers to develop budgets, investigates data inconsistencies, and assist in the preparation, analysis, and presentation of the monthly financial and operational reports.
- Capable of thinking analytically and creatively, Strong initiative, confidence, and drive to achieve results without explicit direction or detailed instructions
- Possesses ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and project
- Excellent attention to detail, Works with others to learn continuously, solve unexpected problems, breaks bottlenecks and challenges the status quo
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate, sit, reach and use repetitive motions of hands and wrists. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally push and/or pull up to 20 pounds. This position requires close vision. Must be able to meet
regular and predictable attendance standards.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the company.
Thayer Infrastructure Services and its affiliated companies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Pataskala, OH, USA