Operations Support - Unit Checker
The Unit Checker is responsible for inspecting designed plans and completed work by overhead construction crews. This is accomplished with comprehensive knowledge of the use of the utility spec book and knowledge of billing units. The unit checker will need to have effective working relationships with external customers as well as internal partners is the key to timely and accurate invoicing. The unit checker strives to meet and exceed all billing targets which are aligned with the organizations objectives for Cost in Excess of Billings (CIEB).
- Supervise and support maintenance, operations and repairs of fleet and equipment
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Conduct field inspection prior to job start (pre-flight) to capture a billing units that will assist in estimate creation.
- Conduct field inspections to process billing (post check) of unitized work per the DTE contract standards.
- Inspect company construction work to ensure compliance with building standards and project specifications.
- Review utility design plans to identify potential violations and or constructability.
- Document field completions and or changes per the as-built requirements set by utility.
- Work with internal/external customers to troubleshoot invoicing issues and verify accuracy.
- Attend pre-construction meetings where necessary.
- Reviews work submitted by field personnel for accuracy and profit maximization.
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Ability to navigate between multiple computer systems/programs simultaneously and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Able to handle the daily demands of a very fast paced environment and adapt to change easily.
- Must be self-starter
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred.
- Utility background a plus.
- Must have experience with invoicing.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Independently in the field/truck, back yards, alleys, roadside. Some office work.
- Frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, handle objects, or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds or more.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Required Education High School
- Warren, MI, USA