Service Writer Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Fleet Service Manager, the role of the Service Writer is to support the Fleet Division with exceptional communication skills, organization, and attention to detail. The Fleet Coordinator must be a self-starter that handles a variety of tasks throughout the day and is an expert at creating reports and documents to help support the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and control repairs through Fleetio and Samsara ensuring all information is accurate and actionable.
- Communicate with Foreman and General Foreman in the field on status of their equipment repairs.
- Facilitate repair calls from crews in the field including after hours and on the weekends.
- Communicate with and document all 3rd party repairs, reporting out to the Fleet team with regular status updates.
- Coordinate all rental breakdowns and inspections.
- Work closely with the Parts Department to ensure all parts have been ordered and include in regular status updates to the team.
- Create and manage parts and service quotes.
- Process all glass damage ensuring that a third-party is contacted and the follow through to completion.
- Handle warranty campaigns throughout the fleet, determining what equipment is involved, what parts need to be ordered and scheduling the work with Operations. Once completed, submit invoices on work performed and ensure re-imbursement.
- Input work orders
- Organizing Inspections, DOT’s, Preventative Maintenance, and repairs are being performed and in a timely manner reporting any misses to the Fleet Manager
- Manage the Out of Service Report ensuring accuracy and distribution through Fleetio.
- Effective communication with the Fleet Manager and Fleet Shop Foreman on the needs and requirements of the fleet.
- Sourcing new vendors and better pricing on outside repairs.
- Additional job duties and assignments at the discretion of the Fleet Manager
Qualifications / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds. Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- Overtime will be required at times. In addition, hourly schedules will vary day-to-day and there can be extensive travel.
- Must be available for emergency call-in as needed.
- Prefer to possess a valid class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – or willing to obtain
- Must be self-sufficient and driven with regular and predictable attendance.
- POWER UTILITY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS BACKROUND DESIRED. Altec, Terex, ASE certification a plus.
If you are looking to join a fast growing, dynamic organization that offers tremendous career growth potential, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including company paid medical, dental, vision, and 401k with match.
Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Co., LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify, or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Etna, OH, USA
- Pataskala, OH, USA
- Westerville, OH, USA