Splicer (Cuyahoga Falls)
Cleveland, OH, USA ● Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA ● Toledo, OH, USA Req #153
Monday, November 20, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 1964, Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Co., LLC has established itself as one of the premier contractors in the Telecommunications and Power industries. With our experienced staff and fleet of vehicles, we are able to meet telephone and power construction needs from concept through to reality.
We are looking for Fiber Splicers in various locations in the Northeast and Midwest. Fiber Splicers will perform tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of telephone systems. Responsibilities include terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting, and testing fiber optic cables within the systems networks and their related equipment resulting in maximum operating efficiency.
To be successful as a fiber splicer, you should be knowledgeable of outside plant construction in the telecommunication industry. Ultimately, an exceptional splicer should be able to demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills as well as uphold our Code of Conduct/ Ethics and Compliance policies.
Fiber Splicer Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks associated with the electronic upgrade and splicing of fiber lines
- Maintain proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
- Assemble equipment according to design specifications
- Install/repair fiber lines in trenches and/or pedestals using various hand tools
- Test, activate, and troubleshoot equipment after installation
- Basic daily maintenance of provided vehicle-check fluids, clean and organize vehicle
- Prepare paperwork to track daily production, and accurately record completed work on job site blueprints
Fiber Splicer Requirements:
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 pounds several times each day
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment during all times of the year
- Ability to operate technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR and fusion splicing equipment
- Ability to lift and manipulate splice enclosures and other plant and equipment
- Must be available for weekend call outs
Fiber Splicer Preferred Requirements:
- Commercial Drivers License Class A
- Experience using Fast Reporter
Thayer Power and Communication is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned in support of business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA
- Toledo, OH, USA