The utility locator will be responsible for driving to various sites to mark equipment for crews and assist the bore crew for all utilities. This position will need the ability to drive and experience with the utility color code system.
Under the direction of a company supervisor, performs work that involves visual inspection of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of utility maps to determine the presence of underground utilities, while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and locate said utilities. The utilities include only locating Frontier Facilities.
- Use lap-top computer or other devices to receive document and close out excavation notices, both during normal hours and after hours.
- Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
- Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
- Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
- Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
- Provide accurate documentation and or sketches related to all locates completed.
- Receive and respond to excavation notices during normal and after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner and maintain a professional appearance
- Be able to perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
- Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after hours.
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- Valid State driver's license, including an MVR record that is deemed acceptable by the company.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Upon employment, will be subject to random drug testing in compliance with federal, state and company guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (shovels, screw drivers, wrenches, and ped keys etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Pataskala, OH, USA