Founded in 1964, Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Co., LLC has established itself as one of the premier contractors in the Telecommunications, Power, & Wireless industries. With our experienced staff and fleet of vehicles, we’re able to meet telephone, power, and wireless infrastructure construction needs from concept through to reality.
Thayer Power and Communication is looking for a Aerial Fiber Foreman who will be responsible for performing and overseeing construction, maintenance and operation of overhead telecommunications. We are seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented individual with attention to high level of quality.
Manage and supervise assigned aerial crew.
- Review project plans, specifications installation instructions to ensure the project is built according to the approved design specifications
- Organizing the schedule for the job making sure the job stays on budget and on time
- Direct the activities of the crew, operator installer on the jobsite
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job site, participate in weekly safety meetings, properly fill out necessary documentation, record time for your crew, etc.
- Communicate with the Area Manager and /or VP of Telephone Division
- Ensure field maintenance on equipment is performed routinely
- Available on weekends and evenings for local call outs.
- Ability to read engineering plans
- Experience doing underground inner-duct and cable placement
- Able to operate a mini excavator
- Must be proficient with paperwork and possess good communication skills
- Ability to motivate crews through teamwork and solid communication skills
- Must be able to work within time controls and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to travel for projects
- Experience operating heavy equipment
Education and Experience:
- Class A CDL required
- Extensive aerial telephone experience required
- Ability to properly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb poles and work from aerial buckets
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA