Founded in 1964, Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Co., LLC has established itself as one of the premier contractors in the Telecommunications, Power, & Wireless industries. With our experienced staff and fleet of vehicles, we’re able to meet telephone, power, and wireless infrastructure construction needs from concept through to reality.
Thayer Power and Communication is looking for a Aerial Lineman in our Fiber Division for the construction, maintenance and operation of overhead fiber telecommunications. We are seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented individual with attention to high level of quality.
- Connects, rearranges, repairs, and maintains outside cable to supply and maintain good service
- Place aerial/buried telephone cable (copper and fiber)
- Safe operation of a mini excavator
- Work efficiently from a bucket truck
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles
- Performs aerial tasks such as new cable installs, pole transfers, strand building, cable hanging, lashing, etc.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design
- Ensures all installation work is done according to quality standards, always complying with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to OSHA
- Restore area to project requirements
- Understand field prints to determine what work is to be performed as well as point out potential issues before and during work
- Report project progress to the Foreman and relate the needs for the days to come avoiding delays of work due to lack of materials and equipment
- Work in, on and around customer’s property while following company policies and maintaining the highest level of professionalism towards any customer and their property
- Directly responsible for all vehicles and equipment in their control
- Available on weekends and evenings for local call outs.
- Be able to climb poles and work from aerial buckets
- Experience in telephone outside plant construction or related experience, which includes experience in the placement of telecommunications cable (copper and fiber)
- Experience operating a mini excavator
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints, plans, and specifications
- Ability to travel for projects
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Ability to properly lift up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
- Valid Class A CDL preferred
- Ability to properly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA