Tower Installer (Heartland - Camby, IN)
Tower Installer (Heartland Tower Solutions - Camby, IN)
Heartland Tower Solutions, LLC is Hiring!
***Starting at $20-$25 per Hour***
Safety-Quality-Efficiency -- Keys to this long-term opportunity for career growth and great benefits.
Heartland Tower Solutions, LLC, a Midwest leader in the construction, and service of wireless communications facilities, is growing! We are investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, a clear path to advancement, and empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever-growing industry.
Travel is required. Hotel accommodations, and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland Tower Solutions.
Our benefits include:
• Referral Bonus
• Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental)
• Competitive Pay
• Potential For Bonus
• 401K (with company match)
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
Tower Installer is an entry level position that performs various tasks in tower construction and communications equipment installation, service and testing, under the direction and supervision of the Crew Leader. Daily climbing and participating in all safety procedures are required. This position continuously learns the skills and tasks that are required to advance in this field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in daily JSA meetings, safety, and quality tailgate meetings
• Inspect your and others Personal Protective Equipment daily
• Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in tower construction projects
• Maintain a clean job site, truck and trailer and make sure the job site is secure and that all tools and equipment are picked up daily, to help eliminate potential hazards
• Report to Crew Leader daily and work with crew to complete activities according to work schedule
• Assist the Crew Leader as requested in taking detailed pre and post photos of all tasks performed on site and completing required reports
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude that reflects Heartland's mission and standards
• Obey all company standards, policies, and procedures
• Notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have general tool knowledge and be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools
• Must have knowledge to determine which tools are needed for scheduled installation
• Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
• Must be self-motivated and team oriented
• Must be detail orientated
• Must be able to organize and load equipment into company vehicles
• Willingness to learn new skills and progress at a rapid pace
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull their own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time.
• Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include: inclement weather, heat and humidity etc.
• Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
• Climbing 100+ feet daily
• Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
• High School Graduate or GED
• Must be current on all OSHA and other training mandated by state and federal agencies that pertain to this position and have documented proof of successfully taking and passing the training.
• Must hold a valid unrestricted driver's license and be insurable by Heartland's insurance provider
• The following are preferred but not required: DOT physical, CDL
• Must be local or willing to relocate to this area
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have own tools
• Self-motivated and able to learn quickly
• Willingness to travel when required
• Willing to work long hours, weekends, non-structured schedule, etc.
Come join our Team for a great career in the wireless industry!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA