Civil Crew Leader (Heartland - Camby, IN)
Safety-Quality-Efficiency -- Keys to this long-term opportunity for career growth and great benefits.
Heartland Tower Solutions, LLC, a Midwest leader in the construction and service of wireless communications facilities, is currently hiring. Heartland Tower Solutions is investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, a clear path to advancement, and empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever-growing industry.
Travel is required, hotel accommodations and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland.
Our benefits include:
• Referral Bonus
• Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental)
• Competitive Pay
• Potential For Bonus
• 401K (with company match)
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
Civil Crew Leader is a position that requires extensive experience and knowledge in civil construction and electrical work. This position leads a crew of 2 or more people and performs various tasks in civil construction. The Civil Crew Leader is ultimately responsible and accountable for the work completed by himself and everyone on his crew. The Civil Crew Leader reports directly to the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be proficient in all the "ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES" of Civil Installer and Civil Right-Hand and the below listed items:
• Lead daily JSA and Safety meetings with the people who are working under them
• Inspect your Personal Protective and Safety Equipment, as well as the members of your teams daily
• Delegate tasks to crew members and hold them accountable to complete them
• Supervise the crew in performing all necessary work to complete the installation in a safe, timely, professional and quality manner
• Positively motivate crew members and keep moral high while working
• Teach the members of your crew the skills that are required for them to become safer and more efficient members of the Heartland Tower Solutions Team
• Obey and assure that all company standards, policies, and procedures are complied with by you and your crew
• Take responsibility for the entire crew and their behavior while working with you
• Responsible for truck, trailer and all company equipment and material assigned to you
• Responsible for keeping accurate and complete records of the crew's time and expenses for each site
• Assure that all required information, photos, reports, and testing is completed for each closeout prior to leaving the site
• Deliver daily reports/job updates to Operations Manager and any others they may so designate
• Within the designated time allowed, the Crew Leader is responsible for completing and turning in, to the appropriate individuals all required paperwork and other documentation required and requested while work is in progress and at completion of each project
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must possess all the "KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES" of Civil Installer and Civil Right-Hand and the below listed items:
• Must be knowledgeable and able to work at an acceptable level with a computer and at a minimum the following software Excel, Word, Outlook
• Must be able to communicate and interact with your crew and others effectively
• Must be proficient in the following tasks:
o Operating construction equipment
o Grading and Excavation
o Calculating Concrete requirements
o Purchasing job required materials cost effectively
o Building and supervising the building of forms and tying of rebar cages
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75+ lbs., walk and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
• Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include, inclement weather, heat, humidity etc.
• Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
• Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
Must meet all the "MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)" of Civil Installer and Civil Right-Hand and the below listed items:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of civil construction experience
Must meet all the "OTHER REQUIRMENTS" of Civil Installer and Civil Right-Hand.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA