Civil Right-Hand (Heartland - Camby, IN)
Safety-Quality-Efficiency -- Keys to this long-term opportunity for career growth and great benefits.
Heartland Tower Solutions, LLC, a Midwest leader in the construction and service of wireless communications facilities, is currently hiring. Heartland Tower Solutions is investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, a clear path to advancement, and empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever-growing industry.
Travel is required, hotel accommodations and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland.
Our benefits include:
• Referral Bonus
• Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental)
• Competitive Pay
• Potential For Bonus
• 401K (with company match)
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
Civil Right Hand is a position that requires experience and knowledge in civil construction and electrical work. A right hand must be able to stand-in for the Crew Leader if he is not available. They also are required to complete all the paperwork and record keeping that is needed on a project, if the Crew Leader is not available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be proficient in all the "ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES" of a Civil Installer plus the below listed items:
• Participate and when requested lead daily JSA meetings, safety, and quality tailgate meetings
• Responsible for all Personal Protective Equipment (inspect daily)
• Assist in the training of Civil Installers and fellow crew members
• Must be able to delegate tasks to crew members while working
• Assist in leading the crew and performing all necessary work to properly and safely complete the site
• Maintain a clean job site and truck/trailer
• Decommission existing sites when needed
• Possess and apply the ability to forecast upcoming tasks and prepare for them accordingly
• Assist the Crew Leader in the completion of daily job reports and with the tracking of crew hours
• Report to Crew Leader daily and work independently with crew to complete daily activities according to work schedule
• Assist the Crew Leader in the timely completion of required paper work and documentation to ensure that the appropriate information, photos, reports, and testing is completed for each closeout prior to leaving the site.
• Must be able to perform the following construction tasks:
o Ability to pour/finish concrete
o Install conduit and grounding
o Install fencing
o Do complete landscaping
• Ability to maintain a working relationship with vendors and customers in a professional manner
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must possess all the "KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES" of a Civil Installer plus the below listed items:
• Basic level of knowledge and ability in using computers and a familiarity with at a minimum the software programs of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to read site plans and engineering drawing
• Must be proficient in the use of hand tools and electrical tools i.e., hand drills, impact guns etc.
• Must have the knowledge of knots and know the appropriate use for each type of knot
• Must know crane and tower hand signals and know how to properly use them
• Must be knowledgeable in rigging
• Must have basic knowledge of and experience in operating construction equipment i.e., excavators, skidders, backhoes, etc.
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75+ lbs., walk and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
• Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include, inclement weather, heat, humidity etc.
• Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
• Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
Must meet all the "MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)" of a Civil Installer plus the below listed items:
• Must hold a valid unrestricted CDL and current DOT physical and be insurable by Heartland's insurance provider
Must meet all the "OTHER REQUIRMENTS" of a Civil Installer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA