Civil Installer (Heartland - Camby, IN)
Safety-Quality-Efficiency -- Keys to this long-term opportunity for career growth and great benefits.
Heartland Tower Solutions, LLC, a Midwest leader in the construction and service of wireless communications facilities, is currently hiring. Heartland Tower Solutions is investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, a clear path to advancement, and empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever-growing industry.
Travel is required, hotel accommodations and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland.
Our benefits include:
• Referral Bonus
• Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental)
• Competitive Pay
• Potential For Bonus
• 401K (with company match)
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
Civil Installer is an entry level position that performs various tasks in civil construction and electrical work under the direction and supervision of the Crew Leader. Daily participation in all job tasks is required. This position continuously learns the skills and tasks that are required to advance in this field.
• Participate in daily JSA meetings, safety, and quality tailgate meetings
• Inspect your and others Personal Protective and Safety Equipment daily
• Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in civil construction projects
• Maintain a clean job site and make sure the job site is secure and that all tools and equipment are picked up daily, to help eliminate potential hazards
• Report to Crew Leader daily and work with crew to complete activities according to work schedule
• Assist the Crew Leader as requested in taking detailed pre and post photos of all tasks performed on site and completing required reports
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude that reflects Heartland's mission and standards
• Obey all company standards, policies, and procedures
• Notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have general tool knowledge and be able to operate a variety of hand and power tools
• Must have a basic knowledge of how to operate construction machinery
• Ability to read, comprehend, and carry out instructions
• Must be self-motivated and team oriented
• Must be detail orientated
• Must be able to organize and load equipment into company vehicles
• Willingness to learn new skills and progress at a rapid pace
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75+ lbs., walk and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
• Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include, inclement weather, heat, humidity etc.
• Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
• Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
• High School Graduate or GED
• Must be current on all OSHA and other training mandated by state and federal agencies that pertain to this position and have documented proof of successfully taking and passing the training.
• Must hold a valid unrestricted driver's license and be insurable by Heartland's insurance provider
• The following are preferred but not required:
o DOT physical
• Must be local or willing to relocate to this area
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have your own tools
• Self-motivated and able to learn quickly
• Willingness to travel when required
• Willing to work long hours, weekends, non-structured schedule, etc.
• Ability to move equipment up/down steps and ladders
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Indianapolis, IN, USA