Tower Foreman (Indiana)
Indianapolis, IN, USA Req #27
Monday, November 13, 2023
Telecommunications Tower Tech Foreman (TTTF)
Since being founded in 1964 by David O. Thayer, Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Co., LLC has become one of the premier contractors in the Fiber, Power, and Wireless construction industries. Building a team with experience has allowed the company to provide excellent customer service and be a partner to its clients from concept to reality.
As the utility industry evolves, TPC evolves right along with it making sure no matter what we put safety first, last, and always.
Our Wireless Division is in need of multiple experienced Tower Foreman to lead our tower crews Safely and Productively. The position will be based out of the Columbus, Ohio area and report directly to the local Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be company and customer focused with strong leadership and work ethics to lead and mentor their crew.
- Ensure Safety is always prioritized and adhered to including 100% tie off, proper methods and procedures, rigging, daily JHA’s
- Safely and efficiently complete modifications, repairs, and upgrades of wireless equipment and antennas at elevated heights
- As a Foreman you will be working in a team environment assisting with projects, which may include new builds, site mods, water tanks, roof tops, or similar industry projects
- Responsible for leading, supervising and mentoring a team of up to 6 members
- Detailed daily reporting to PM/CM as well as submitting daily timesheets for crew(s)
- Thorough understanding and strict adherence to the applicable governing body’s (ASME/OSHA/ANSI/Etc...) safety and regulations
- Thorough understanding and strict adherence to Thayer Power & Communication's Safety Policies and Practices
- Follow instructions to accomplish assigned work in a safe, timely and accurate manner
- Maintain proper use of company vehicles, equipment, and other assigned assets
- Read customer drawings, RFDS, structural documents and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications
- Work with Project Manager and Construction Manager to meet schedules and budgets
- Perform lead responsibilities effectively interfacing with all levels of management, staff, and customers while on site to provide real time updates as well as troubleshoot and problem solve
- Pick up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc.
- Review and/or create Bill of Materials (BOMs) needed for each project site to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Maintain clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
- Climb to elevated heights working safely and effectively
- Observe project sites for defects and safety hazards that may require attention
- Perform PIM, Sweep, & Fiber testing on site as well as antenna alignment
- Attend vendor and in-house training and participate in certification programs as necessary
- Ability and willingness to train team members
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Strong Safety knowledge and background within the telecommunications tower industry with dedication to Zero incident or accidents
- Valid driver’s license required
- 5+ years of tower climbing experience
- 2+ years of management/supervisory experience
- OSHA 30 preferred
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Current authorized tower climber or competent climber and rescue certification
- Ability to work at heights upwards of 300’ +.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience installing and maintaining: Cabling, Antennas, Microwave dish, tower builds (NEW/MODS), site inspections, FAA lighting systems, cell carriers
- Preferred carrier experience such as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile/Sprint, US Cellular, Dish
- Preferred experience with assembling/erecting/installing and decommissioning towers, tower booms, mounts, antennas, radios, cabling, excavation/ trenching, conduit, concrete/ rebar foundations, guy plum & tensioning, basic electrical knowledge (to include knowledge and understanding of NEC/NFPA and other applicable industry standards for electrical).
- Awareness of general accounting/costing practices
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various testing equipment (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM, 3-Z and fiber testing)
- PIM/Sweep certification preferred from Anritsu, Kaelus, or like
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to travel extensively and work a flexible schedule ( i.e. Travel throughout week and home only on weekends)
- Background and Pre-Employment Drug screen is required as well as participation in company random testing policy for alcohol and drug use
Other Duties as Assigned: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk, crawl or kneel / use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls / reach with hands and arms / climb ladders, stairs or other elevated/ fixed structures for extended periods of time
- Sit, stand, drive and climb for extended periods of time
- Work at times may be in extreme conditions such as high and low temperatures, snow, rain, high winds throughout the year and 4 seasons
- Lift and/or move a minimum of 50lbs regularly
- Perform duties on-site and underground at industrial locations
- Wear safety equipment: as per OSHA/MSHA/ANSI requirements including but not limited steel toed and/or metatarsal shoes, hard hat, required PPE for elevated work, fire retardant clothing, protective eye wear, etc.
- Be safety and customer-focused, without exception
Thayer Power & Communication Core Values
Safety * Integrity * Honesty * Quality * Perseverance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA