Parkside Pediatrics - Telephone Triage Nurse Day Lead
Job Title: Triage RN Day Team Lead
Weekly Hours: Full-Time
Supervised by: Triage Coordinator
Overview: Organizes, in partnership with the Triage Coordinator and Manager, the daytime workflow and customer experience for the Triage RN Team. Responsible for the day-to-day operations including promotion of teamwork among all triage team members, adherence to applicable policies and procedures and delivery of the overall patient experience. Also required to work primarily as a triage nurse (amount of administrative hours will vary).
- Provides over the top customer service to patients.
- Practices servant leadership to the Triage Team and works to unify and build one team.
- Provides the direct day-to-day oversight and direction of the Triage Team with help of the Triage Coordinator.
- Educates team on all triage protocols, policies and procedures, etc to create consistency in training and patient experience.
- Assists with daily staffing plans to ensure we have the best coverage throughout the day.
- Creates a daily Microsoft Teams chat to aid in communication among the Triage RNs, Triage Admins, and Medical Prior Authorization Specialist for overall productivity and workflow.
- Assists team with daily and weekly prioritization of team tasks and projects by encouraging team productivity during down time.
- Communicates operational issues and ideas with the Triage Coordinator.
- Available to team members regarding general questions and training needs.
- Promotes an authentic, transparent work environment within the Triage Team.
- Serves as daytime Triage RN point person, communicating with team on behalf of Triage Coordinator as designated.
- Ownership of various additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Practices humility and grace, promoting an authentic and transparent work environment within the clinical area.
Required Education & Certifications:
- Requires desire to work within the field of Pediatrics.
- Must be licensed as an RN
- At least 6 months experience working in outpatient medical setting
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires sitting, standing, and walking associated with a normal physician office environment. Person may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, infectious diseases, blood/bodily fluids, and disease-bearing specimens.
- Job Family Triage
- Pay Type Hourly
- Verdae, 525 Verdae Boulevard, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America