Parkside Pediatrics - CMA/MA
Job Title: MA/CMA
Supervised By: Clinical Coordinator
Summary of Duties: Provides patient care in an pediatric office setting. Assists providers and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary liaison between patients, families, staff and providers.
Essential Functions: Works both autonomously and collaboratively:
- Communicates with clinical, clerical and billing departments, providers, patients and families to ensure continuity of care.
- Communication skills (both written and verbal) suitable to express the physical, mental and emotional status of patients and families.
- Accurately completes and maintains medical records and documents.
- Performs telephone communication
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Demonstrates acceptable time management techniques.
- Maintains exam rooms and lab area. Prepares, stocks and cleans rooms as well as maintains supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Administers/documents medication, vaccines, and treatments
- Maintains skills and knowledge base through reading, training and other structured in-services.
- Attends clinical meetings as scheduled.
- Conducts self in accordance with Parkside Pediatrics employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, or Certified Nurse Aid. Will consider non-certified.
- One or more years of responsible experience in a medical setting; and demonstration of the knowledge and skills required to competently perform the duties of this position.
- BLS Certification
- Pediatrics office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of adult disease processes.
- Possess knowledge of approved medical abbreviations and correct spelling of the English language.
- Ability to adapt to various work assignments.
- Possess good customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette.
- Previous computer experience helpful.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Ability to work in an environment with exposure to potentially dangerous/infectious materials and situations that require following extensive safety may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Ability to perform moderate physical activity. May require handling/lifting objects (up to 50 pounds) or standing/sitting/walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Prolonged use of telephone may be required.
Tribe513 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Greer, SC, USA