Job Title: Team Lead, Triage
Weekly Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours
Supervised by: Provider Support Team-Triage Coordinator
Posting: Internal /External Location: Bella Grove – Hybrid options
Position Overview: Coordinates, in partnership with, Providers, Clinical Nurse Manager, clinical coordinator, nurse triage team and clinical team for Brio Primary Care. Responsible for day-to-day operations including promotion of teamwork among all personnel working in triage, adherence to applicable policies and procedures, ensures proper use of the Telephone Triage Protocols for Nurses 5th Edition book and other resources, procurement of necessary equipment and supplies, and delivery of the overall triage experience.
- Takes ownership of ensuring the TRIBE Way is experienced by Brio patients, families, and internal team members. Promotes an authentic, transparent work environment with all Brio team members. Always providing polite and courteous conversations.
- Applies professional skills and knowledge of established concepts, principles, and practice to provide telephonic nursing services including, but not limited to, health information, health education, healthcare assessment and triage.
- Ensures team is trained and appropriately uses the Telephone Triage Protocols for Nurses 5th Edition book and other resources to answer calls.
- Identifies emergent situations and effectively transfers life threatening calls to appropriate agencies per protocol.
- Conducts thorough and sound nursing assessments of caller’s presenting symptoms.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a plan of care for each caller’s presenting symptoms.
- Applies nursing process to identify and prioritize healthcare triage interventions that are appropriate and accurate, effective, and reduces the risk of adverse outcomes.
- Appropriately schedules patients as needed for follow-up appointments.
- Ensures triage team returns calls in a timely manner.
- Ensures triage team documents call inquiries clearly and thoroughly.
- Provides the direct day-to-day oversight and direction of the triage team with help of the coordinator. Educates team on all practice policies and procedures, etc. Coordinates operational issues and ideas with the PST-Triage Coordinator. Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends.
- Monitors in tandem with the coordinator the staffing levels in relationship to workload and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Manages annual projects to achieve and maintain Brio’s multi-year strategic goals, which includes the Triage Clinical Advice Audit and PCMH measures.
Required Minimum Education & Certifications:
- Current RN license for state of South Carolina
- At least 2 years of clinical experience working in an outpatient or inpatient setting within any medical facility preferred but not required.
Work environment and Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, and walking associated with a normal physician office environment. Person may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, infectious diseases, blood/bodily fluids, and disease-bearing specimens.
Tribe513 is an equal opportunity employer.