Parkside OB-GYN Sonographer
Job Title: Sonographer
Weekly Hours: PRN
Supervision Received: Director, Parkside OB-GYN
Location: Parkside OBGYN
Position Overview: Provides patient care in the OB-GYN office setting at Parkside OB-GYN by performing ultrasonic diagnostic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians. Assists providers and team in coordinating patient care. Functions as a liaison between patients, families, and providers.
- Works both autonomously and collaboratively
- Instructs patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment in appropriate operating conditions.
- Maintains exam rooms and work areas and/or orders and stocks all ultrasound supplies, including those needed for Trophon care and maintenance.
- Communicates with clinical, clerical and billing departments, providers, patients and families to ensure continuity of care.
- Communication skills (both written and verbal) suitable to express the physical, mental and emotional status of patients and families.
- Demonstrates acceptable time management techniques.
- Maintains skills and knowledge base through reading, training and other structured in-services.
- Attends clinical meetings as scheduled.
- Conducts self in accordance with the employee handbook.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Skills & Education:
- Completion of an accredited Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology program required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a sonographer; 7+ years experience is preferred.
- RDMS certification in OB/GYN.
- Maternal-fetal medicine experience preferred.
- Ability to operate ultrasound equipment proficiently.
- Ability to take vital signs.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management and team members.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with all patients.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint area of imaging.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in busy, stressful or emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to potentially dangerous/infectious materials, body fluids, and situations that require following extensive safety measures may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer terminal for long periods of time; may require standing/sitting/walking for more than four (4) hours per day
- Ability to travel locally to other locations up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity.
- Prolonged use of telephone may be required.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.
Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Tribe513 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Verdae, 525 Verdae Boulevard, Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America