Parkside Pediatrics - MA/CMA/LPN
Job Title: Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, or Licensed Practical Nurse
Supervised by: Site Coordinator
Weekly Hours: Full-Time
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Summary of Duties: Provides patient care in the pediatric office setting. Assists providers and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary liaison between patients, families, staff and providers.
Works both autonomously and collaboratively:
1. Communicates with clinical, clerical and billing departments, providers, patients and families to ensure continuity of care.
2. Communication skills (both written and verbal) suitable to express the physical, mental and emotional status of patients and families.
3. Accurately completes and maintains medical records and documents.
4. Performs telephone triage utilizing approved protocols
5. Provides general nursing care to patients. Demonstrates acceptable time management techniques.
6. Maintains exam rooms and lab area. Prepares, stocks and cleans rooms as well as maintains supplies and equipment for treatment.
7. Administers/documents medication, vaccines, and treatments
8. Maintains skills and knowledge base through reading, training and other structured in-services.
9. Attends clinical meetings as scheduled.
10. Conducts self in accordance with Parkside Pediatrics employee manual.
11. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant. Will consider non-certified. Or,
- LPN license.
1. Pediatric office experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of childhood growth and development.
3. Possess knowledge of approved medical abbreviations and correct spelling of the English language.
4. Ability to work with non-cooperative patients, patients with psychosocial problems and needs, or chronic and acute health problems.
5. Ability to adapt to various work assignments.
6. Possess good customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette. 5. Previous computer experience helpful.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Ability to work in an environment with exposure to potentially dangerous/infectious materials and situations that require following extensive safety may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Ability to perform moderate physical activity. May require handling/lifting of children/objects (up to 50 pounds) or standing/sitting/walking for more than four (4) hours per day. Prolonged use of telephone may be required.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Tribe513 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Harrison Bridge Rd, Simpsonville, SC, USA