Maintain general ledger accounts and perform other accounting related activities. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balance books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain purchase receipts and invoices. May plan, conduct, and participate in basic analysis of cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards. Assist with analysis on financial (income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow) to identify trends and interpret for senior management. Prepare management reports that measure performance against key objectives and strategies.
- Analyze accounts, records, reports, journal vouchers, general and subsidiary ledgers and other accounting documents for accuracy and completeness. Investigate and resolve accounting problems for the area of responsibility.
- Preparing monthly financial information utilizing the applicable support systems. Duties include preparing journal entries, reconciling the balance sheet and analyzing variances.
- May perform analyses of cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- May classify labor, material, and overhead costs to compute unit costs of products or services.
- Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances to include recommendations to senior management. Compile cost data for preparation of operating budgets.
- Serves as subject matter resource to management and accounting staff regarding accounting related transactions, regulations, issues, and/or variances.
- Ensures proper retention, filing, and handling of accounting records
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate audits of financial statements
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work and role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Must be able to collaborate with the team.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, SAP, Microsoft Dynamic 365 or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- 184 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA