Job Posting Date: 1/20/2024
Location: Beckley Corp.
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for
- Interviews applicants to determine eligibility for program enrollment
- Establishes unique comprehensive long-term program goals
- Outsources clients to additional counseling resources if needed. Maintains awareness of progress with external case management professionals, working as a team to meet the holistic needs of the individual.
- Provides direct assistance in obtaining and maintaining self-sustaining sources of income, benefits, and other economic supports as well as professional resources that provide assistance in enhancing clients’ psychosocial well-being.
- Meets regularly with clients to discuss and evaluate their progress, feelings, impressions, changes and personal growth/development
- Facilitates individual and group discussion to ensure clients’ attitudes and motivations are progressing; redirects negativity, promotes self-awareness and provides appropriate encouragement
- Plans, coordinates, and/or facilitates life management, behavior modification, addiction related
- Maintains awareness of the program requirements necessary to maintain existing funding
- Analyzes statistical information and case outcomes to ensure that recidivism is not occurring on a regular basis
- Assists clients in locating/securing affordable housing; works closely with client to transition in the new housing; conducts home visitations when appropriate; ensures that client's living quarters are properly furnished and maintained; contacts appropriate person to facilitate needed repairs; conducts routine inspections of living quarters and grounds.
- Refers clients to appropriate Corps programs or other agencies based on clients’ needs and in accordance with their program plan.
- Completes and articulates discharge plans to clients exiting the program.
- Prepares and maintains case records and logs on all assigned clients; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same; enters pertinent information into the established Homeless Management Information System
- Attends community meetings with representatives of other agencies in order to educate them about the program, make client referrals and maintain awareness of client's progress.
What we are looking for in you:
- Associates' degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Human Services or a related field,and or
- One year experience providing direct case management social services including accessing clients’ needs and developing individual, comprehensive, long-term action plans for recovery utilizing a wide variety of resources, or;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Valid State Drivers License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to think clearly and quickly in order to maintain control of client caseload.
Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple cases at the same time without becoming frustrated or disorganized.
Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 09/11/2023 - 2/29/2024
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Case Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Beckley, WV 25801, USA