Seasonal Support Worker
Location: Martinsburg WV Corps., Martinsburg, WV
Position Type: Seasonal Full-time
Pay Range: $14.74 - $18.43/hour.
About this opportunity:
Under the general supervision of the Corps Officer, the Seasonal Support Worker is responsible for providing social service assistance to clients seeking Angel Tree assistance.
- schedule appointments, interview clients, determine eligibility and perform accurate and complete computer data entry.
- man the Angel Tree station at area locations during peak hours; assist with sorting and moving donations and other materials into the warehouse; and assist with the setup and break down of the warehouse.
- act in the capacity of a Truck Driver, as needed, in order to pick up and/or drop off kettle workers.
What we are looking for in you:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and
- two (2) years of experience in receiving, storing, loading, and unloading of materials; or
- any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan, Life Insurance and more!
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Ability to lift scales, hand trucks, and dollies. Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to occasionally lift boxes of materials, donations. Ability to load, unload, secure and protect goods. Ability to set up and break down materials at events. Ability to learn, think and concentrate.
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
*Application Submittal Period: 10/02/2023 – 11/30/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-TEMP/SEAS/CAS
- Job Function Christmas
- Pay Type Hourly
- 111 Ellis St, Martinsburg, WV 25404, USA