Major Gifts Manager II
Location: The Salvation Army Metro Atlanta Area Command
About this opportunity:
The Major Gifts Manager II is a critical part of the Development team for the Metro Atlanta Area Command with specific responsibilities in coordination with the Senior Major Gifts Manager for the oversight and/or coordination of major funding particularly from individuals within the command; provides oversight and/or coordination and preparation of proposals for all requests for major individual funding appropriate to The Salvation Army, seeking out new funding opportunities for Army programs around the command; works directly with the Director of Development and team to develop comprehensive development plans that include the cultivation of major gift resources, multi-year commitment funds and other strategic support in order to position The Salvation Army for achievement of sustainable annual funding.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and evaluates an aggressive Major Gifts Program for the area command;
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift prospects, using moves management concepts and tools;
- Prepares solicitation materials as needed for individual prospects;
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the Planned Giving Fund-Raising Staff by referring leads and sharing information that may enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the area command fundraising efforts;
- Serves as a resource for donors or staff members regarding donor giving, including handling special projects relating to gifts and stewardship such as special correspondence, historical fund reports, testimonials, or other donor relations pieces;
- Leads the coordination of major donor recognition programs for the area command;
- Coordinates with assigned staff the fundraising and donor recognition efforts; ensures the recognition efforts effectively enhance donor relationships;
- Attends national fund raising conferences and training sessions as approved by Area Command Leadership; reviews and studies various fund-raising periodicals; maintains an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of fund raising practices and legislation in relation to fund raising and taxations;
- Develops and directs or assists in additional fund raising projects as requested by the Area Commander, Coo, and the Director of development;
- Cooperate in all areas of mutual assistance as requested by or through the Director of Development;
- Assists in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a variety of development strategies as part of the major gifts development team in order to achieve short-range and long-range goals of the department and the area command;
- Attends meetings and other community involvements as assigned, which are pertinent to the promotion and support of The salvation Army and enhancing its development programs and projects; performs public speaking to promote awareness and support of Salvation Army programs;
- Participates in continuing education opportunities, conferences and seminars to enhance professional growth and encourages/supports continuing education of staff;
- Develops relationships with the local and broader community to enhance support of operations for which this position is responsible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field; and
- Five (5) years related work experience and/or training; Seven (7) years preferred; CFRE preferred, or
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to meet attendance requirements; Ability to travel to various locations in order to participate in public meetings, conferences, etc.; Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and time constraints. Work may be perform in an office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like but not limited to the office environment.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 10/04/2023 – 12/01/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family GA-EXEMPT
- Job Function Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Pay Type Salary
- Norcross, GA 1000 CENTER PLACE 30093 , 1000 CENTER PLACE, Norcross, Georgia, United States of America