Location: Winchester, VA Corps, Winchester, VA
Position Type: Seasonal Full-time
Pay Range: $11.70 - $14.63/hour.
The Salvation Army is an international non-profit organization who has a local presence in Washington, DC, and its surrounding communities. We are excited to announce we are hiring Bell Ringers for the Winchester, VA Corps, located in Winchester, VA.
This seasonal position is scheduled to start working approximately November 14, 2023, and will end no later than December 31, 2023. Typical schedule is Tuesday – Saturday from 10:30am to 7pm* subject to change.
About this opportunity:
Rings bells for The Salvation Army Christmas Program at assigned locations; ensures that the Kettle is never left unattended; greets the public in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Rings bells for The Salvation Army Christmas Program at assigned locations.
- Assist donors in processing donations using the Credit Card Machine.
- Ensure that the machine are kept safe and never left unattended
- Protect the donor’s information per The Salvation Army policy.
- Ensures that the Kettle is never left unattended.
- Greets the public in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Conducts job duties in accordance with the ministry of The Salvation Army and it Christian principles.
What we are looking for in you:
No formal education or experience requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to stand in one location for extended periods in outside weather conditions with breaks and lunch periods as required by State law.
- Ability to perform all duties with an understanding of the mission, ministry, philosophy, culture, and protocol of The Salvation Army and conducts all duties in accordance with the ministry of the organization and its Christian principles; conducts all communications and job duties with the highest level of professionalism.
- Duties are performed standing and may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of sitting or walking.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
*Application Submittal Period: 10/20/2023 – Until Filled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-TEMP/SEAS/CAS
- Job Function Christmas
- Pay Type Hourly
- 300 Fort Collier Rd, Winchester, VA 22603, USA