Location: Territorial Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
About this opportunity:
- Plans and conducts internal audits throughout the Southern Territory as assigned by the Territorial Audit Secretary to ensure all divisions, corps, institutions, etc. are operating in compliance with Salvation Army policies and procedures.
- Reviews and inspects financial reports and records to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as compliance with rules and regulations governing the same; determines if and where fraud exists.
- Informs Territorial Audit Secretary of mishandling, misrepresentation, or misappropriation of funds, statistics, or general data discovered through internal audits.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or a related field AND
- Two years of experience performing accounting, bookkeeping, or auditing work. OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
A constant amount of physical effort required associated with hand movement, holding, finger dexterity, reading, writing, eye-hand coordination, vision, hearing, talking, and sitting at least 90% of the work time; rare to the occasional amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting up to 30 lbs., pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, squatting, crawling, and reaching at least 30% of the work time.
Frequent overnight travel throughout the Southern Territory.
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 10/23/2023 – 11/5/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family THQ-EXEMPT
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 75
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- The Salvation Army South Territorial Headquarters, 1424 Northeast Expy, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA