Accounting Clerk II
Location: The Salvation Army Georgia Divisional Headquarters
Position Type: This is a Grant Funded Position
About this opportunity:
This position performs advanced and complex clerical accounting/financial functions under limited supervision including record keeping and reporting for a multitude of accounts; performs the full process necessary to complete accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions in compliance with tight deadlines, budget constraints and established guidelines; advises supervisor and other departments, local units, and outside contacts regarding the status of accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions.
- Sets up new accounts based on established guidelines; tracks activity of current accounts and budgets; maintains awareness of accounts balances to ensure that expenses do not exceed budget or income constraints and notifies the department head, divisions, and/or supervisor of the same.
- Reviews check requests and determines appropriate type of payment and format based on a variety of established guidelines; receives and processes checks for deposit into appropriate accounts.
- Verifies all funding prior to submitting check requests for approval; ensures that all paperwork submitted is accurate and in the proper order including account numbers; transfers funds between accounts as approved.
- Performs extensive and often complex research and reconciliation of accounts; responds to inquiries from the divisions as well as outside vendors or contractors.
- Processes check requests and checks in accordance with tight deadlines requiring a quick turn-around so that checks can be distributed as quickly as possible.
- Corresponds by telephone and/or mail with the local units and Territorial Headquarters or outside contacts (vendors or contractors) regarding the status of accounts and checks; provides instruction for preparing and processing check requests and explains established guidelines; drafts and finalizes correspondence for the department head's review and signature.
- Performs data entry of financial information in order to maintain a database and/or to prepare financial spreadsheets and/or reports; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same.
- May serve as lead worker to other accounting clerk or secretarial personnel; trains and instructs employees in the proper methods and procedures; monitors work in progress and upon completion to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
What we are looking for in you:
- High school diploma or G.E.D., and
- Five years’ experience performing progressively responsible accounting and/or bookkeeping work with limited supervision, or
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language. Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to type and keypunch data into a computer. Ability to sort and file documents alphabetically and numerically. Ability to operate various general office equipment including a telephone, typewriter, computer, and adding machine. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time. Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking. Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 10/26/2023 – 11/08/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family GA-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norcross, GA 1000 CENTER PLACE 30093 , 1000 CENTER PLACE, Norcross, Georgia, United States of America