Boys & Girls Club Program Aide
Location: Front Royal Boys & Girls Club - Front Royal, VA
Position Type: Regular Part-time
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, supervising members, and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, supporting our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character, and Citizenship.
- Promotes safety of members, quality in programs, and appearance of the branch at all times.
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Plans, organizes, and implements a range of program services and activities for drop in members and visitors; provides periodic activity reports.
- Promotes and stimulates program participation; registers new members and participates in their club orientation process.
- Participates in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the Center facilities and grounds.
What we are looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- And previous work in related field with Children and Youth preferred.
- commitment to actively participate in a Professional Development Plan.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write and communicate the English language effectively. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing. Ability to drive a vehicle safely and follow all applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Ability and willingness to conduct all duties in accordance with the ministry of the organization and its Christian principles; conducts all communications and job duties with the highest level of professionalism. Duties are usually performed standing and walking and relieved by periods of sitting to perform other duties. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) frequently. Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor recreational environment where there may be physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/3/2023– 11/16/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family PMC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- 357 Cloud St, Front Royal, VA 22630, USA