Estate, Trust & Probate Paralegal
Location: Territorial Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
About this opportunity:
This position researches, analyzes, and manages estate and trust files.
- Reviews some litigation matters that pertain to the estate or trust in order to determine The Salvation Army’s interest and whether escalation of the matter to the Legal Secretary and/or the Assistant Legal Secretary is appropriate.
- Performs annual re-evaluations for each estate and trust as needed.
- Perform semi-annual reviews of files on estate and trust matters for closure or unresolved issues and perform the necessary tasks to bring the matters to closure.
- Conduct legal research on assets to be liquidated, as assigned, where the Legal Secretary or other Board member serves as a fiduciary representative of the estate or trust.
- Serves as a liaison for other departments and/or divisions seeking information or services from the department regarding estate or trust matters.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with three (3) years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience in a professional environment as a paralegal in a legal office, including experience in estates and trust management. OR
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or other legal certification with five (5) years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience in a professional environment as a paralegal in a legal office, including experience in estates and trust management. OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Paralegal certification is required.
- Valid State Driver's License required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Must be able to travel.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/6/2023 – 11/19/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family THQ-EXEMPT
- Job Function Business Admin
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Certification
- The Salvation Army South Territorial Headquarters, 1424 Northeast Expy, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA