Territorial Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Territorial Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
About this opportunity:
This position serves as the subject matter expert and front-line technical support for accounts receivable processes, procedures, regulations, and receivables account coding for the Southern Territory.
- Develop accounts receivables best practices.
- Develop training programs and materials to instruct Territorial Headquarters employees and officers in all aspects of the cash receipts and invoicing process.
- Works closely with all Territorial Headquarters departments to ensure receivables are received, reviewed, accurately coded, and deposited within applicable deadlines.
- Reviews and approves receivables-related batches for all Territorial Headquarters departments.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and manages accounts receivable operations for the Southern Territorial Headquarters under the direction of the Director of Accounting and the Territorial Chief Accountant, including full-cycle accounts receivable and invoicing.
What we are looking for in you:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or a related field, and seven years of progressively responsible experience in a finance/accounting office, with preferably three years in the assigned specialty area. OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, and five years of progressively responsible experience in a finance/accounting office, with preferably three years in the assigned specialty area. OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid State Driver’s License required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Moderate amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy objects (up to 40 lbs.) when handling file boxes. Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans and more!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/17/2023 – 12/3/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family THQ-EXEMPT
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 20
- Required Education Associate Degree
- The Salvation Army South Territorial Headquarters, 1424 Northeast Expy, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA