Location: Fort Myers Area Command, Fort Myers, FL
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Range: $13.17
About This Opportunity: Plans, prepares, cooks and serves nutritional meals and snacks in accordance with established guidelines and schedules.
- Ensures all meals are prepared and served in a safe and presentable manner..
- Cleans kitchen facilities, equipment, and appliances.
- Maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and food in a neat and orderly manner.
What we are looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND
- One year experience cooking for large groups OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have or obtain Florida Food Managers Certification within 90 days of hire.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time. Work performed in a normal kitchen environment where there may be limited physical discomforts associated with working around hot stoves/ovens or cold freezers.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Personal and Holiday paid time off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about The Salvation Army Fort Myers Area Command Corrections Program, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targetetd toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do… We are…
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/21/2023 through 12/04/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Food Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.17
- Required Education High School
- 2400 Edison Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901, USA