Job Description Revision Date: 11/11/2022
Job Posting Date:11/20/2023
Location: Gainesville Family Thrift Store / Gainesville, Florida
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Pay Range: $12.00 - $13.00/Hour
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for assisting in picking-up donations by riding in a Salvation Army truck.
- Assists in picking-up donations by riding in a Salvation Army truck and lifting, carrying, and/or hauling donations into the truck and unloading the same at the warehouse/store
- Assists in navigating for the Truck Driver
- Ensures the accountability, security, and safety of the donations when in route
What we are looking for in you:
- No formal education required AND
- Six months experience lifting and hauling heavy items such as appliances and furniture OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to read and follow a map and/or hand-written directions.
- Ability to perform strenuous, heavy work involving the lifting and carrying of heavy objects.
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- Work requires riding in a vehicle daily with exposure to the outdoors where there are physical discomforts associated with changes in weather such as rain, cold, snow, heat or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Copy and Paste into ‘here’ link: https://www.ministrytoolkit.org/assets/share/asset/adoe15uz5z
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/21/2023 – 12/10/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Store
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $13.00
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, December 4, 2023
- Gainesville, FL 55 NW 23rd Ave. 32609, 55 NW 23rd Ave, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America