Location: Tampa Area Command, Tampa, FL
Position Type: Part-Time
Pay Range: $14.00 - $16.00
About this opportunity:
- Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security, and compliance of behavioral expectations.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information.
- Ensures the lodge/shelter is maintained in a neat proper order.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. AND
- one year experience performing security or social work preferred OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a lodge/shelter facility where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Work requires the performance of duties in social services environments where exposure to communicable and infectious diseases are possible.
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about The Salvation Army, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
We are looking to fill a position on our 4:00 p.m. – midnight shift and the midnight – 8:00 a.m. shift.
Application Submittal Period: 11/26/2023 – 12/03/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Required Education High School
- Tampa, FL 1603 N. Florida Avenue 33602, 1603 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, Florida, United States of America