Assistant Housing Manager
Location: Central Virginia Area Command
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Range: $17.00-$21.00
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for supporting the Housing Manager in the administration, management, and delivery of all residential services within the Inclement Weather Shelter program. The Assistant Housing Manager supervises Lead Housing Monitors and Housing Monitors; monitors the day-to-day routine operations such as general guest intake, record keeping, food service and security.
- Accepts and processes guests staying in the Inclement Weather Shelter program; monitors the activity of guests on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security, and compliance to program guidelines; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information; ensures the Inclement Weather Shelter program is maintained in a neat and proper order.
- Supervises the Lead Housing Monitors and Housing Monitors.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm manner and initiates appropriate corrective actions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Completes nightly inspection of shelter/building for safety and habitability; elevates facilities maintenance and security concerns as needed.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Human Services or related field.
- Two years’ experience performing security or social service work preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a shelter facility where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language. Ability to think, concentrate and learn. Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly while maintaining control and initiating the proper corrective action. Ability to perform combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting, and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/27/2023 – 12/08/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 Chamberlayne Ave, Richmond, VA 23222, USA