Lead Shelter Residential Aide
Location: Central Virginia Area Command
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Pay Range: $17.00-$21.00
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for serving as a lead worker to Shelter Residential Aides.
- Plans, schedules and assigns work of Shelter Residential Aides; instructs and trains employees in the proper methods and procedures.
- Completes client intakes in HMIS following community data standards. Trains and coaches staff in gathering quality data and inputting into internal records and HMIS.
- Delivers trauma-informed client care, being inclusive and supportive.
- Completes required paperwork representing client intake for the day; inputs data into the computer in order to maintain computer records and generate client lists; prepares, tallies, and balances monies with receipts; drops the money in the safe.
What we are looking for in you:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One year experience performing security or social service work preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a shelter facility where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language. Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly while maintaining control and initiating the proper corrective action. Ability to perform combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis. Distance of travel is usually within the same building. Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and more!
To learn more about the name of program or location, click here!
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 11/27/2023 – 12/08/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family PMC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Housing
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 Chamberlayne Ave, Richmond, VA 23222, USA