Regional Major Gifts Director
The Salvation Army Florida Division has an opening for a “Regional Major Gifts Director” based in the Southwestern Florida area.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, basic needs assistance, children’s programs and many other programs.
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for raising funds through major gifts generated from individuals, corporations and foundations for a designated geographical area of a Salvation Army Division.
- Raise funds to enable the Mission of The Salvation Army by aggressively developing and nurturing current and prospective donors including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate with donors, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers.
- Be responsible for designing, revising and implementing a giving plan for every donor in their portfolio in order to reach an annual production goal.
- Travel often to meet with donors throughout the assigned region of the Southwestern Florida area (Bradenton, Fort Myers, Naples, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Sebring and Venice, FL.)
- The preferred living area for the candidate is Sarasota, FL.
You are an ideal match for the role if you have:
- The ability to research, solicit and secure funds from individual, corporate and foundation relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome
- An ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records (Salesforce, DonorPerfect or any CRM)
- A passion for “Doing the Most Good”
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in a related field of study) AND three years’ experience performing related fundraising, marketing and/or sales work is required (and major gift fund-raising experience is preferred).
Bona-fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ)
This position requires an active Christian faith in harmony with Salvation Army doctrine and practice.
Valid State Driver’s License
CFRE or ACFRE desired
The Salvation Army recognizes peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, automobile, home office set up (computer and cell phone), health, dental and life insurance coverage, retirement plan, professional development, training, reimbursed travel expenses and paid time off!
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Manual dexterity. Ability to sit, walk, and stand on a frequent change basis in order to perform the duties of this position. Ability to lift objects weighing between 25-50 lbs. Ability to travel throughout the Division, by automobile, on a regular basis to work with donors/prospects, and professionals in their communities. Travel may include overnight trips; Travel requirements may be up to 60% of work time.
Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts with noise, dust, dirt, and the like. Work is also performed in a home office setting, and, in a variety of multiple Corps and Area Command offices.
Oversight for the Major Gifts Regional Director position is provided by Florida Divisional Headquarters, located in Lutz, Florida.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please complete our on-line application using the apply icon identified on the job posting.
Application Submittal Period: November 30, 2023 - December 18, 2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-EXEMPT
- Job Function Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Sarasota, FL, USA